Welcome to Holly class!
We are also known as the therapeutic class.
We have 7 pupils in our class, ranging from Year 4 to Year 8.
Meet our team:
Class TA: Kirsty
Behaviour TA: Lauren
LSA's: Bev, Tom, Ally, Astride, Abi & Becca
What is a Therapeutic class?
- Holly class is a bespoke class for pupils who are finding accessing ‘mainstream’ Addington classes challenging.
- We have a high adult to pupil ratio to ensure that the environment and curriculum is enriching, engaging and nurturing.
- The high staff ratio means that your child always has at least 1:1 support throughout the day.
- The classroom staff use the same interventions and strategies that are used across Addington but we have an even greater focus on communication and emotional regulation skills.
- Each pupil has a highly personalised and individual timetable, which meets their individual needs and we focus on child led engagement and curiosity.
- All the learning opportunities that are offered in our class are highly individualised and based on repetition so all the learners can anticipate and increase/develop their level of understanding and engagement.
- We use a range of strategies and interventions to support the pupils in our class and we follow the SCERTS programme which forms the basis of our curriculum in this class. There are 2 main areas within this programme that we focus on, which are Social Communication and Emotional regulation.
- We also focus on developing the pupils’ independence and life skills.
- Where appropriate the pupils will also take part in Literacy and Numeracy tasks and activities.
- We are a dedicated team that is always looking for new therapeutic approaches to support the pupils within our class and across the school.
Interventions/Therapies we use:
- Attachment play/Floortime
- Intensive Interaction
- Attention Bucket
- Call & Response
- Sensory/Messy Play
- Curiosity Programme
- Explore time
- Life Skills - Cooking
- individulaised senosry diets
- Aromatouch/touch talk/massage
- relaxation/leisure time
- Communication Boards
- Colourful semantics.
- Structured communication time
- Big Maths/Little Big Maths
- and much more!